Senior Scientist, Translational Medicine
With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
** We are currently looking for local candidates that are able to commute to Cambridge, MA
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a fast paced, dynamic, growing team on the leading edge of oncology drug discovery. We seek a Senior Scientist, preferably in the greater Boston area, with expertise in translational biology/medicine and bioinformatics to contribute across our developmental programs. Working closely with the development team, biology team and external labs/CROs/academic collaborators, the Senior Scientist will participate in and lead cross-functional teams to contribute to the development and execution of an innovative biomarker strategy that addresses patient selection, mechanism of action, pharmacodynamics, and predictive biomarkers of response and resistance.
- Lead the generation, analysis, documentation, and interpretation of clinical biomarker data, including next generation sequencing with tissue and plasma samples, gene expression profiling, and histopathology assays
- In-depth analysis and interpretation of biomarker data including in the context of other types of clinical data, and present findings in internal and/or external meetings
- Oversee development and validation of biomarker assays in preclinical disease models and subsequent optimization and validation of the biomarker assays for use in the clinic
- Oversee activities at contracting clinical translational labs
- Oversee nonclinical translational biology studies, including PK/PD/efficacy studies in disease relevant models in CROs and collaborating labs
- Work closely with clinical operations and sample management to oversee activities at central labs and contribute to implement/improve sample strategy
- Effectively collaborate across internal functions including biology, clinical operations, clinical pharmacology, clinical science, data management, sample management, statistics, and quality, to ensure successful execution in the clinic
- Represent Translational Medicine within a cross functional multi-disciplinary clinical study team, provide biomarker/scientific support, to meet project milestones for translational medicine responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of clinical protocols, laboratory manuals, regulatory submissions; lead or contribute to the development of abstracts, external presentations, and publications
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinically relevant biomarker assay types (such as NGS, RNAseq, nanostring, IHC/mIF, and FISH)
- Highly self-motivated, strong in execution, with a track record of advancing programs forward
- Excellent team player with a collaborative mindset and ability to work independently
- Strong organization skills, attention to details, with strong critical thinking, analytical thinking and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate and present in a succinct manner
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology, cell/molecular biology, genomic biology or equivalent with 3+ years of industry experience after PhD, or an M.S. with 7-10 years of industry experience
- Deep knowledge of oncology kinase pathways, tumor biology and drug resistance
- Proficient in bioinformatic skills including using R and/or python in data analysis and plotting
- Experience in providing biomarker support for early-stage oncology kinase clinical trial program(s)
- Experience in companion diagnostic assay development is a plus
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from “@nuvalent.com” email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “email@example.com” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.