Senior Manager / Human Resources Business Partner
With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
We are expanding the HR team at Nuvalent and seeking an energetic, focused, customer service- oriented HR professional to join the HR team. Reporting to the Vice President / Head of Human Resources, the Senior Manager / HR Business Partner position will partner with employees and leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on business partner support to the organization, learning & talent development initiatives, organizational design and effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement.
- Partner with the business on organization design, workforce planning, talent management, succession planning, coaching and development, and culture building initiatives with a focus on DEI
- Implement effective and innovative L&D solutions, including but not limited to digital, written, virtual and in-person content, individualized learning paths, and professional development initiatives in a primarily remote environment
- Drive comprehensive talent management processes, development planning, and succession planning, commensurate with a small, growing biotech organization
- Ability to develop innovative talent management initiatives including developing sourcing strategies for critical open roles and development strategies for key talent
- Work with people managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balanced perspective to build and support a positive, effective employee environment
- Partner with the organization in planning and implementation of organizational structure or processes to support growth
- Ability to manage, lead and support a network of external partners and vendors to support various HR initiatives
- Customer service mindset with a focus on the optimal employee experience, while balancing the needs of the business
- Ability to pivot and change based on new information and/or changes in business strategy
- Clear and concise communicator; strong ability to communicate via written & verbal methods
- Ability to effectively communicate the “why” and understands how to gain buy-in from key stakeholders
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and drive for results
- Successfully weighs the value of initiatives against organizational readiness; ability to build solutions for short term and long term needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or related experience
- 8+ years of HR relevant business experience, with specific experience in the development of learning & talent initiatives in a primarily remote environment
- Ideal candidate has experience in a start-up environment and the ability to build solutions from scratch
- Experience with implementation and facilitation of leadership and management development initiatives
- Experience in leading change management efforts
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including but not limited to talent & learning management, organizational design, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal & state employment laws
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from “@nuvalent.com” email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “email@example.com” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.