Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Senior Manager, FP&A will play a pivotal role in Nuvalent’s continued growth. The Senior Manager, FP&A will be a hands-on key contributor to the financial planning and reporting process at Nuvalent.
Working closely with stakeholders across the organization, this is a highly visible role that will be responsible for supporting the growing portfolio of Nuvalent’s discovery, development and pre-commercial programs by enabling effective financial forecasting, reporting and analysis of operating results to enable sound business decisions. The ideal candidate is a results-oriented, self-starter who is looking to join a rapidly growing company.
• Partner closely within Finance & Technical Operations teams to provide effective planning and analysis; provide senior leadership & business partners with appropriate tools and analysis to establish goals and measure performance
• Manage budgeting, forecasting, and planning initiatives throughout the company, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting packages and budget to actual analysis
• Participate in the development and implementation of new processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts and tracking of key investments and performance metrics
• Maintain Nuvalent’s financial planning systems, models & reporting to ensure they are both accurate and updated to reflect latest assumptions and changing business needs
• Contribute to the accounting monthly close process. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet monthly close timeline while adhering to internal controls
• Provide support to the department leaders across the organization, to increase transparency around key financial results and assumptions, including spending controls/limits and forecasting
• Provide input to presentations for the leadership team and the board of directors
• Ad-hoc financial projects as assigned Competencies: • Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate, influence and build credibility with business partners across the organization & especially with Technical Operations team.
• Passion for designing, implementing & streamlining systems, processes & reporting, with attention to detail & accuracy
• Thrive with constant change & continuous improvement, “rolling up sleeves”, performing in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong analytical skills coupled with ability to make recommendations for changes as needed
• High level of integrity and principles that embrace transparency and ethics • Results orientated work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
• Bachelor’s in Finance, Accounting or relevant degree, MBA preferred
• 7+ years of progressive financial reporting, planning and analysis experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
• Prior experience supporting R&D and commercial organizations and/or teams is highly preferred
• System savvy, ideally with experience implementing or overseeing financial planning and reporting tools. Experience with NetSuite is a plus
• Strong communications skills and executive presence • Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from “@nuvalent.com” email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.