With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, growing team on the leading edge of oncology drug discovery. With deep knowledge of cancer and chemical biology, the Scientist, Biology will participate in and lead cross-functional teams to comprehensively assess small molecules for advancement, develop new biological assays, and identify new pipeline opportunities. Reporting to the Principal Scientist, Biology, the ideal candidate should be proficient at a wide range of techniques in chemical biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or rodent studies. Nuvalent collaborates heavily with external research organizations. As such, the ideal candidate has strong communication skills to represent Nuvalent and guide external studies.
- Work with cross-functional teams (medicinal/computational chemistry, DMPK, and translational medicine) as a Biology Lead to discover and develop novel small-molecule therapeutics.
- Direct biological testing in biochemical/biophysical assays, cellular assays, and/or rodent studies. Assess the biological activity of small molecules, perform structure-activity relationship (SAR) analyses, improve properties, and advance drug candidates towards clinical testing.
- Develop new models and assays to enable biological testing.
- Identify new project opportunities and contribute to long-term scientific strategy.
- Communicate science both internally and externally. Contribute to publication strategy.
- Attention to detail, a data-driven attitude, and resilience.
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. A team player. Emotional maturity to work with all levels of the organization and to lead external collaborations.
- PhD. in chemical/cell/molecular/cancer biology, biochemistry, or related fields.
- Deep understanding of cancer biology, cell signaling pathways, and chemical principles underlying the interaction between proteins and small molecules.
- Technical expertise in biochemical and cell-based assays. Examples include tissue culture, enzyme assays, recombinant DNA technology, western blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, gene expression analysis, genome editing (CRISPR), viral transduction, RNAi, engineered cell line generation, and microscopy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent team player with a collaborative mindset.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience.
- Experience with in vivo cancer models.
- Understanding of organic chemistry, SAR analysis, and small-molecule pharmacology.
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from “@nuvalent.com” email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.