Manager / Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy
With deep expertise in chemistry, Nuvalent is working to create selective medicines designed with the goal to address the needs of patients with cancer. Nuvalent is an exciting early-stage company, bringing together experienced scientists and industry veterans with a proven track record in drug discovery, oncology drug development, and company building.
Nuvalent is seeking a Manager/Senior Manager of Corporate Strategy. This role reports directly to the VP of Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Management and will collaborate closely with all project and program teams as well as other management team members on a wide range of corporate and portfolio strategy functions. This individual will be accountable for building processes and tools to evaluate the opportunity, competitive landscape, and positioning for programs across various global oncology indications, as well as timely analysis and communication of impact to portfolio planning, partnerships, and business decision-making. This position will require strong research and data synthesis ability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated business acumen in interactions with both internal and external company stakeholders.
- Lead the company’s Competitive Intelligence function, including development and ownership of sustainable processes for monitoring the global competitive landscape and timely communication of key insights and updates to cross-functional teams
- Create asset-by-asset revenue forecasts and partner closely with Corporate Strategy and Finance to develop asset and portfolio valuation models
- Serve as the analytics point-person on projects, applying logical and creative thinking to drive to fact-based insights and recommendations
- Support global development program and discovery project teams, providing input from market opportunity and competitive intelligence perspectives
- Lead primary and secondary market research to assess or refine understanding of the patient journey, medical needs, evaluation of TPP scenarios, geographic prioritization, and expected drivers and barriers to commercial success for existing as well as new research opportunities & development paths
- Partner closely with the VP of Corporate Strategy for long-range corporate and portfolio strategy development
- Strong understanding of industry trends, competitive and commercial marketplaces, and drug discovery and development process
- Learning agility to expand knowledge and build skill set across different oncology therapeutic areas
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analyses methods and tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop customized forecast and valuation models
- Strong analytical skills, combining attention to detail with big-picture strategic perspective and critical thinking to understand context and likely challenges
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with different functional areas and with different levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Well-organized, self-motivated individual able to manage multiple concurrent workstreams and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- BA, BS or equivalent degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience in biotech or pharmaceutical companies or in life sciences focused strategy consulting, investment banking, private equity, or venture capital
- Experience in competitive intelligence or market research/analytics in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; experience in oncology/immunology space is preferred
- Deep understanding of using raw data to disseminate action-oriented insights
- Comfort operating in a rapidly changing competitive and scientific environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 5-10%
Nuvalent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Nuvalent is aware that many companies are dealing with fraudulent job postings on third-party employment search sites and/or individual(s) or entities claiming to be employees of such companies. Those involved are offering fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants, often asking for sensitive personal and financial information, and using such information for criminal activities.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Nuvalent employee will come from “@nuvalent.com” email accounts. Automated system response emails from our Greenhouse applicant tracking system come from a “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. There are no variations of these email addresses and Nuvalent would not request personal and/or financial information via email. Job opportunities would only be extended after a completed job application is submitted by a candidate and a thorough interview process including 1:1 and/or group interviews via phone, video conferencing and/or in-person.
If you believe you have been contacted by anyone misrepresenting themselves as an employee of Nuvalent, please contact Nuvalent at 857-357-7000. Thank you.